Saturday, August 23, 2008

The house is really ugly right now.

Boy, things really do have to get worse before they get better. I've suffered through 4 days of pounding, thanks to the crew tearing off two layers of shingles and putting on a new roof. Boy is it loud. And the house looks awful. Shingles every where. I'm really happy I put off my big ambitious landscaping project until this was done. I will post a line drawing of my flower bed plan this weekend. It will be awesome, and it will also prove to the neighbors that I do have some civic pride and am not content with being the ugly house in the neighborhood. My lawn has always raised eyebrows, but really became pretty embarrasing last fall when part of it collapsed!

Yes, right after the geothermal heating lines were put in the yard, we covered it with dirt and laid sod (for the neighbors sake. I could care less...). Then, two weeks later two sinklines appeared, where the furnace lines run to the house. They're still there!

I hope to fix them when I do the flower beds. We'll see.

No comments: