Friday, December 26, 2008

The not-so-glamorous part of homeownership

Decorating is fun. Love it. Dealing with mundane stuff? Not so much.
Sigh. This is the week of the mundane. I ordered our final three replacement windows. (Energy Star is the only part of that that's sexy...), I am going to the store later today to order replacement doors for our kitchen, one to replace a hollow-core door between the kitchen and garage that turns our kitchen into an ice box every winter, and two to replace a pocket door that the last owner's dog ate through on one side. Splinters for baby? No thanks.

I am also having the marmoleum floor guys come out. We got a leak in the bathroom where we had the floor installed, and the water got under the tiles and ruined them, so I'm going to have them redo it. I could probably do it myself, but wouldn't get to it for 6 months, so in the interest of getting the Elvis bathroom up and running, I am just going to pay to have it done.

Then maybe I can get to the serious business of decorating.

No comments: