Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Miracle cleaner, I swear


My neighbors, a retired couple, just gave me a tour of their 50s ranch house. All original fixtures, even down to the pink tile, sinks and toilets in the bathroom. Their porcelain sink was immaculate, and when I mentioned I might have to have mine redone because it was stained beyond all hope, they told me Bar Keeper's Friend would fix it. I didn't believe them. It looks just like every other can of scouring powder I've tried that hasn't worked. But, for a dollar a can, I thought I'd give it another go.

I'm glad I did. This stuff is a miracle in a can! With very little scrubbing, the stains in the kitchen sink came right out. The sink looks brand new. I tried it on the black stain on the bottom of my bathrub, and that came right out too.
I just wanted to share this because I'm sure a lot of you have stained vintage fixtures like mine, and are wondering what to do. If you can find this in the store, try it. It really is amazing. My sink is bright white, and good as new now.•

No comments: