Thursday, August 28, 2008

The garden plan



I have ambitious plans to beautify the outside of our house. Part of this is to eliminate grass,because I hate mowing, and since all of the full sun on our property is in the front, build beds large enough that I can secretly grow vegetables behind the flowers without raising the ire of the neighbors.

And then there's covering up those glamorous sink holes that showed up last year!
Here is the plan. The dark areas are the new beds. Now that the roof is finished, my goal is to dig the beds during the month of September. If all goes well, I will be able to buy stone and lay the stone retaining walls around the beds as well.

If that's done,then I will paint the house in October. I was going to post the paint chips for you today, but alas you will have to wait. I can't find them! I'll give you a hint: We're bringing a bit of New Orleans to Ohio by painting our house a purple I think our neighbors can handle

No comments: