Sunday, August 31, 2008

OMG: That house is... PURPLE!




Yes, I am painting my house purple. I am so sick and tired of every house in the Midwest being brown, yellow,white, or some variation of beige. I think that's why people perceive the Midwest as boring. Nothing fun to look at. So, in honor of my former hometown of 10 years New Orleans (please don't get destroyed by Gustav. Please.) I am painting my house purple. Here are the paint chips. The paint is from Lowe's. It's Olympic brand and the chip numbers are C 44-2 Frosted Lilac (for the stucco) and C44-4 Purple Surf for the garage door and wood accents on the front. You have to see the chips in person because they look kind of weird on a computer. My neighbor Peggy is skeptical, but I am sure it's going to look fabulous when it's finished. Even the "buttoned-up" neighbors will like it.

1 comment:

Retro Jen said...

I love this idea! I have commented many times about how BORING houses look around here, especially in the new developments. Beige, cream, or a possibly "daring" moss green, but that's it. I love the idea of a purple house. Add some character to your neighborhood!