Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Guest Room Blues, er reds





I have two spare bedrooms to turn into guest rooms.
Maybe I'm weird, but I really heart theme rooms. I think coming home everyday should be like taking an exotic vacation. The minute you open the door, , you're somewhere interesting and fun, far from the bland drudgery of work and chores.
This is especially true for guest rooms. I want the people who stay over to feel like they had a neat getaway.

Unfortunately, I don't have crap to work with. My smallest guest room is the size of a postage stamp. It's also a problem color-wise because it's got red shag carpet. I really love the carpet. It's in great shape, the color is super bright, but it's also a huge decorating dilemma. How the heck do you decorate around it?

I'm hoping inspiration will come soon.

1 comment:

shamlin said...

Hi, Denise. Please check out my retro-modern ranch house at http://www.565westsantarosadrive.com