Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A small victory






I hardly beleive it, but the bookcases are stained, sanded, varnished, and up and running. It only took four months, but hey. We're relieved because we finally got to unpack all of the boxes of books that have been rotting in the corner, taking up tons of space. The basement is totally "man-spaced" out yet, but it's closer to pimpin' fabulous than it ever has been.

I also managed, miraculously, to coax my father-in-law to install my new fab "bubble" chandelier in the kitchen. It's much cooler than the brass thingee that was in there before. eek. They sure loved that brass in the 80s, didn't they?

It's like I'm a new me! Finishing all of these projects is giving me an identity crisis. Good thing I still have plenty on my to-do list...Up next? Tiki-ing the sunporch and Hawaii-islanding out the guest room. Stay tuned!•

No comments: